So this poor girl is falling all over herself apologizing for this newest unit not working. Because she had done everything that she was authorized to do, she bumped me up to a supervisor - Kay. Poor Kay . . . she had been having a rough day. She asked if I could hold - of course, not a problem. She came back in a couple of minutes, apologizing, but the call that had come in just ahead of me was taking much longer than she had anticipated . . . someone who was completely computer illiterate and was not understanding anything she was telling them. She wanted to know if it was OK to call me back in about 20 minutes - not a problem!
Well, an hour later, and I had still not heard back from Kay, so I call - and miracle of miracles - I actually get through! I ask for Kay and get transferred to her. When she answered and I identified myself - well - I won't repeat the expletive (which she profusely apologized for) that came out of her mouth. All I could do was laugh because you could tell that she felt terrible both for saying that and for not getting back to me. That's when I got the inside scoop on what all had been happening to her. She was still in the middle of something so I offered to call back in about an hour. She laughed and said that would be great, if I wouldn't mind - not at all.
At this point, I had so much time invested in this silly Bluetooth, that I really wanted it resolved! I called her back in the hour and asked - did I give you enough time, are things better now? She just laughed and laughed - and thanked me for being so understanding. We chit chatted for a couple of minutes and then we went through the procedure for pairing the Bluetooth with my phone - again! She decided that I obviously was following the directions correctly and then came up with the brilliant idea - "Maybe it's just not compatible with your phone" - ROFL - "I think we need to upgrade your unit" - woo hoo - "I'll tell you what I'm going to do - I'll order you a new unit, a couple of grades up. When you get it, the box will be opened, but it will be brand new - I'm going to pair it with my phone and use it for a day to make sure it works, then send it to you." Then I asked - if it is an upgrade, is it the one that comes in different colors? "As a matter of fact, it does - what color would you like?" Well, I have a red phone. "Then I am ordering you a red one. You should have it sometime next week."
So the next week, I happened to be on vacation and my neighbor was getting my mail. When I got home, I didn't have a chance right away to go and pick up my stuff, but I made it over a couple of days later; there was my package from Kay.
I opened the package and squealed and then started laughing hysterically. Kay did NOT send me a red Bluetooth . . . instead, she upgraded me about 5 levels and sent me a little unit that they call "Bling" - silver, covered in Swarovski crystals!

Now you can see why I was laughing hysterically!
And the best part is - it works perfectly! Needless to say, I called Kay the next day to thank her and let her know that it was working.
See, it really does pay to be patient with people who are trying to make things right!
BTW - the reason the phones were always busy was that their phone service provider had a major problem at one of their sub-stations and all of their customers in the Bronx and neighboring areas were out of service for over two weeks! Talk about a nightmare for a customer service group - or any business for that matter.
Well, have a good day and God Bless!
See, it really does pay to be patient with people who are trying to make things right!
BTW - the reason the phones were always busy was that their phone service provider had a major problem at one of their sub-stations and all of their customers in the Bronx and neighboring areas were out of service for over two weeks! Talk about a nightmare for a customer service group - or any business for that matter.
Well, have a good day and God Bless!
2 comments:
Hi Sasa!
Just dropping by to leave you some love on your blog and thank you for your support! Woo-hoo, congrats on the flashy Bluetooth!
Hugs,
Vicki in Texas
great story, and so true... patience gets so much more accomplished! Have a great day!
Post a Comment